Tazlure: the Yuletide Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigmore the Kislovan

4 posters

Go down

Wigmore the Kislovan Empty Wigmore the Kislovan

Post by eyes Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:08 pm

Race, Looks & Personality
Name:  Wigmore
Place of Birth:  North Kislovan

Looks:  43 yahren old.  5ft 10.  Slight hunched shoulders.  Bad lumbar back in winter.  Long red hair to the middle of the back when down, usually found braided into pigtails.  White appearing at roots.  Bushy red beard cut into a triangle whose point reaches to the middle of the chest.  Under the jawline, beard almost white.  Very broad frame, overweight, diet of fish and meat (non-specific – best not to ask).  Left eye missing – sewn over with two flaps of skin of a different skin hue to the rest of the body knitted in the middle of the eye socket.  Knarled white skin.  Blue eye.    Usually found sporting a kilt to the knees in the summer and laced sandals.  Winter:  Old battered black lamb skin leather trousers, lamb skin boots with wool lining.  Woollen jumper with cloak made of bark strips sewn together with unspecified but strong ties.  Monosyllabic to strangers.  Top class user of swear words with friends.
Race:  Human
Religion:  Lapsed Pan’s Blood

General Information
Why are you in Port Town? – Wigmore lives in the south of Shorewich and has done for 7 Yahren
What is your wealth level:  Basic
Describe your current circumstances:  Lives in the south of the island alone in a disused and partially ruined barn, nominally owned by Ebenezer.  One end of the barn has collapsed and so Wigmore has used the collapsed material to form a basic protective barrier.  Lives amongst the 45 sheep and 2 ram that he has amassed since coming to the island.  Lives here even in the winter and dislikes Port Town.  Spends the summer harvesting grasses for feed for the winter, trades in coin with unknowns for sheep and replacement sheep.  Rasday afternoons and evenings spent eating his “special mushrooms” cultivated at the back of the barn up against the stone wall in the damp, dark where no sun ever touches.

Skills
3 skills at Basic:  Single Combat (Large Blade); Hunting & Trapping; Survival
Background:  Fought in a human rebellion against the elves on Kislovan for 4 long yahren.  Spent 16 yahren chained to an uneven pebble and stone wall in a dungeon with only a 3 foot by 3-foot grate of light.  Had both eyes, a wife and two young children on the first day of his incarceration.  Aged 37 yahren he was released and exiled from Kislovan.  Sought passage to Shorewich on a pirate ship.  Enjoyed his time on board.  Not much else known to the people of Shorewich.
eyes
eyes

Back to top Go down

Wigmore the Kislovan Empty Re: Wigmore the Kislovan

Post by Niamh Windwalker Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Niamh and Wigmore may have encountered each other, she roams quite a large territory in the 'Frozen Beyond', hunts/gathers, and occasionally trades with farmers. More info on her character sheet, which might help you determine if it was a positive or negative interaction. Wink I'm alright with either!

Niamh Windwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:39 pm

Welcome Eyes to the world of Tazlure!

I presume that your race will be human?

My suggestion for your background me that perhaps your character's family originally hailed from Islay, one of the barony's of Dort, and that is why he returned to ancestoral roots, but keeping a low profile in Shorewich. That would explain the kilt too Wink

This sheet is approved, and will move to appropriate forum soon. Please feel free to contact players you feel you might have come into contact with before, like Niamh is demonstrating here.
Maeve
Maeve
Admin

http://www.tazlure.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by eyes Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:31 pm

Niamh Windwalker wrote:Niamh and Wigmore may have encountered each other, she roams quite a large territory in the 'Frozen Beyond', hunts/gathers, and occasionally trades with farmers. More info on her character sheet, which might help you determine if it was a positive or negative interaction. Wink I'm alright with either!

Ah yes, Niamh. That first interaction was a "borrowing" of some of his mushrooms if remember rightly, but that was soon smoothed over. I feel both are quite reticent to have 'friends' but since we have begun to barter over the yahrens, there is a feeling of mutual appreciation to the point where perhaps Niamh uses his nickname 'Eyes' rather than the formal Wigmore? That also entails listening to the rather fruity swear words which form every second word in eyes vocabulary!!
eyes
eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Niamh Windwalker Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:01 am

Works for me. Smile Though Niamh will only have been around for a little over a Yahren. I don't think she will be put off by salty speech, though I suspect she might takes things a touch literal at times. I don't see them linking arms and staying up all night giggling over shared secrets, but yes, certainly mutual appreciation. Affable acquaintances. Both content not to pester about history or why

I think Niamh would find the appellation 'Eyes' (plural) quite funny, and using it would always come with a touch of amusement.

Things were touch and go for a while, but I think he lay to rest any real resentment (though perhaps not the grumbling) that one winter day he had lumbar back trouble and almost didn't make it up for his daily chores. He stumbled up from his pallet to find his sheep munching on dried grasses, a roasted bit of game slung within easy reach... and more mushrooms missing. They never spoke of it, life just kind of went on. Though I think Eyes maybe puts his mushrooms in somewhat more discreet places unless he wants her to have some.

(That is her story, anyhow.)

Niamh Windwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex da`Bergliin Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:56 am

Hey Wigmore, in passing it is likely that hex would have crossed paths with you. They would not be friends in any real sense but Hex would acknowledge his presence at least. if you want to say they have some interaction I am open to that as well. Cheers,
Hex da`Bergliin
Hex da`Bergliin

Back to top Go down

Post by eyes Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Hex da`Bergliin wrote:Hey Wigmore, in passing it is likely that hex would have crossed paths with you. They would not be friends in any real sense but Hex would acknowledge his presence at least. if you want to say they have some interaction I am open to that as well. Cheers,

Wigmore has definitely heard of Hex. As Hex is/was a mercenary I think Wigmore is uneasy as to what Hex's ultimate ambition/purpose is in being on the island. But no conflict has come between the two, so a nod should they meet or see each other would definitely be agreeable.

Should the true purpose of Hex being on the island become known to Wigmore, I think the interaction would develop, depending on that true purpose!!
eyes
eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum