Tazlure: the Yuletide Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Character Application] Tailor, Tinker, Spy (Bryome de Alvarando)

4 posters

Go down

[Character Application] Tailor, Tinker, Spy (Bryome de Alvarando) Empty [Character Application] Tailor, Tinker, Spy (Bryome de Alvarando)

Post by Verhaal Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:26 am

NAME: Bryome Harden De Alvarando
MARITAL STATUS: Single (Complicated)
OCCUPATION: Former Acolyte of the One. Former Tailor. In-Between Jobs.
PLACE OF BIRTH: World's Mouth
RELIGION: Dominican (Agnostic)
RACE: Human
LOOKS:
Standing about 5'6" with shoulder-length hair severely tied behind him, Bryome has a brownish complexion, somewhat angular face and a tuft of well-maintained goatee on his chin. He has pensive brown eyes and a boyish smile that never shows on his distant eyes. Through the yahrens, his built has become somewhat wiry muscular.

SKILLS:
* Large Blades (Rapier-Disguised as a cane) - [Basic]
* Lore (Theology) - [Basic]
* Diplomacy - [Basic]
* Bardic Voice - [Apprentice]
* Painting - [Apprentice]
* Thieving Skills - [Journeyman]

* Wealth - [Basic]
* Cloth work / Tailoring - [Journeyman]

BACKGROUND:

How do you mend the million, shattered pieces of a broken dream? What can one do when dreams do not come true? Truth be told, Bryome Harden De Alvarando had high hopes but it was not enough. Hopes and aspiration were not enough. A name was not enough. Dreams were not enough, and that was his... tragic flaw. He merely aspired to dream. And it was the dream that failed him. Utterly. Miserably. A failure. Much to the dismay and chagrin of his Aunt who mentored him, who tried to push him beyond the dreaming, to provide him confidence. But he merely aspired to build castles made of clouds, too afraid to take chances, to take risks. He was... a coward.

It was his cowardice that was his downfall.

Following the months of the re-opening of the tailor shop in King's Court, our young tailor's designs became uninspired, insipid and lacking... elegance. Clients who showed interest suddenly lost their curiosity and customers slowly dwindled down and then to nothing . His Aunt tried to salvage the situation but it was already too late, the damage had been done. It was reputation that this type of industry rests its foundation and Bryome had mired the reputation in King's Court. Months passed with no clients and customers and the shop was literally broke. Nothing was to be done and he had to pay the shop's taxes. Being young that he was, his expenses were more than his earnings and he had no money to pay for the tax. Now, the series of actions our young tailor did back on that day were... uninspired and insipid. He borrowed money, at an exorbitant interest, doctored the accounting books, and counterfeited receipts and legal documents.  Being artistic that he was, the mimicry was impeccable, it went unnoticed and he breathed a sigh of relief.

That was all he was, as an artist, a mimic, with no original ideas of his own. He could copy his Aunt's design down to the last hem but strip him down of all his mirrors, he has no voice of his own. A pity.

The shop continued, but it was a far image from when it had started. The window was unwashed, the display dress was never replaced and it stood there immobile, dusty, the colors faded. No new designs were made, but it remained opened for many more months. Bryome had regained his reputation, but it was a different reputation he had dreamed of. Those clients who entered the shop had the desperate look on them, furtively glancing around before entering the edifice. He did not care, for his artistic merit, his mimicry, was suddenly flourishing. He counterfeited all kinds of documents under the business guise of his tailoring shop.

But he had forged far too many and far too deep. A counterfeit document was found by the King's Court authorities when a nobelman was found guilty of Tax evasion and before it leads back to him, a change of scenery was needed. Using an unassumed identity, he bought himself a passage on a ship bound to the farthest destination.

Bryome Harden De Alvarando, nephew to Audrey Harden, the most to succeed her business, was once again a failure.

ITEMS:
* A rapier disguised as a cane
* Tradesman wardrobe (Current KC Fashion)
* Nobleman wardrobe (Current KC Fashion)
* Dominican Wardrobe
* Three forged documents / identification:
--- A tailor
--- A minor nobleman
--- A dominican missionary
* Forgery kit
* Picklock set
* Literatures

*Are you a Veteran? This character was an NPC.
*Why are you in Port Town: Running away from KC authorities. Starting over a new leaf.
*Describe your current circumstances: A feeling of guilt always nag him. A lot of people depended on him (his partner, his close friends, even family, and specially his Aunt) to succeed his chosen vocation and he couldn't face the fact that maybe he is not good enough. The fear always takes the best of him. Perhaps, this new life, in a new land shall provide him a chance of redemption, far away from people who knew him.
* Interest: Adventure, Magic, Romance
* Character Goal: Perhaps redemption. Perhaps to prove that he has what it takes to succeed.

Last edited by Verhaal on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:49 am; edited 9 times in total

Verhaal

Back to top Go down

[Character Application] Tailor, Tinker, Spy (Bryome de Alvarando) Empty Re: [Character Application] Tailor, Tinker, Spy (Bryome de Alvarando)

Post by Verhaal Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Source Material:

* http://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?f=368&t=13536&sid=d383c87a8697306d31742b01dc869923

NPC NAME: Bryome Harden De Alvarando
KEY SKILLS: Theology, Philosophy, Painting, Craft [Sewing/beading]
PROFESSION: Former Acolyte of the One, Tailor/Couturier for Audrey's Otherwear KC branch
SHORT DESCRIPTION:
23 yahrens old [1225 AD]. Human, standing about 5'6" with short dark hair. Brownish complexion. Somewhat angular face. Distant brown eyes. Boyish smile.
SHORT HISTORY: Was born in WM. Entered the priesthood (KC One Church) at a young age of 16 but after four yahrens, he left, and much to the dismay of his family, he wandered around King's Court for a yahren trying to look for his path in life. Having a penchant talent for creativeness and drawing, he found his vocation as a tailor when he worked for his aunt, Audrey Harden, in the Citadel Branch. For a yahren and a half, he became Audrey's apprentice, learning everything he can from her. He adores his aunt for through her, he finally found his direction.
CREATED BY: A Supporter, Oct 12, 2008
FIRST APPEARED IN A THREAD: http://www.tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?p=223400#223400
ADDITIONAL NOTES:
Albeit an agnostic (not an atheist), Bryome still has respect for the One Religion. Outwardly, he's a dominican and he still has contact with his friends and brother novice acolyte back in the Basilica. He sometimes goes back to Cita to ask for his Aunt's thoughts and advice or when his aunt wants to take a small vacation.

Verhaal

Back to top Go down

[Character Application] Tailor, Tinker, Spy (Bryome de Alvarando) Empty Re: [Character Application] Tailor, Tinker, Spy (Bryome de Alvarando)

Post by Verhaal Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Thanx, any suggestions/revision is well appreciated. Was suppose to use a different character, one (a widowed witch) temporarily possessed by the spirit of Fauna (The Possession of Hermana Fausta) seeking a viable body for a permanent anchor to Tether. Not sure if that is allowed so I opted to use this one.

Verhaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:40 pm

I think I like this more than an reincarnation of Fauna. I would make him already established at Shorewhich with a small unassuming shop. This will become a nice location that people can use to their advantage. I might set up this character with one or two other characters. Let me know if you find relationships with other PCs (subject to approval of course).
Maeve
Maeve
Admin

http://www.tazlure.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Approved btw, with sheets going to the appropriate forum next week, and will add you to player group then.
Maeve
Maeve
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhaal Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 am

Thanx Maeve! :-)

Can't wait to start. Just let me know who the other characters (PCs or NPC) you want this character tied with.

I was thinking, can I change Bardic Voice to Mindcraft? This character's is not musically inclined in any ways and form. He can tell a story (storyteller ) and a bit declaimer / orator. Not sure if Bardic Voice is appropriate for it.

Can I also bump Clothwork/Tailoring from Apprentice to Journeyman. He's just not confident enough to make his own designs but he can copy impeccably.

Verhaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Niamh Windwalker Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:28 pm

As a tailor, if your character ever incorporated leather and furs in addition to cloth garments, Niamh could be a supplier.

I think it would make sense for a casual acquaintance between them, at least. Maybe he is the one who traded the nice winter cloak she wears for some furs, I see it as the one really nice piece of clothing she owns. She prefers barter to coin. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

Niamh Windwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:36 pm

I would prefer to stick you at Bardic Voice. That is not just about singing. Strong, convincing storytelling, commands, interrogations etc are all part of it, and that fits well with Theology etc.

I think your character might want to reach out to other citizens of Port town.
Maeve
Maeve
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhaal Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:18 am

Thanx Maeve! Will keep everything as it is and will reach out to other citizens.

Hi Niamh, great idea. Leather, furs, gemstones, beads, any sizes and colors of pearls, unique colorful pebbles, even seashells, I'll take them. Not sure what else I can barter with you save for an occasional roof under your head and a warm place to stay near a fireplace when you're in town. If you have other suggestions, feel free to PM or reply here.

He will not be using name of Audrey's Otherwear as he thinks he does not deserve it. The shop will be nameless and the only indication that it is a semi-fancy dress shop is a widow display of Syra's first design gown posted as Audrey back in the old board (I have a reason for it). Will just need to hunt down Syra's ever first post for Audrey's Sup Location.

TBH, I have not read much on Dort so I don't have a 'feel' yet of the island (customs and costumes). I read there are kilts involved? So I guess Dort's sorta Scotlandish?

Verhaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellaine McCrae Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:58 am

I believe it would be a good thing to have our characters at least slightly acquainted :O
Ellaine McCrae
Ellaine McCrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhaal Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:35 am

lol! No problem, Elaine. Do you have anything specific (idea) in mind?

Verhaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellaine McCrae Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:27 am

Right now Ellaine is pretty interested in getting ideas for different kinds of dresses and such. She might know Bryome casually. Did he need cabinets and such made for the shop? We can come up with something.
Ellaine McCrae
Ellaine McCrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhaal Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Great idea, Ellaine. Yes, perhaps yours (shop) is the one I went to order a specific measurement for a wooden/carved dress stand. Bryome may have ordered a few furniture for the shop (a cutting table, a stool, and one or two cushioned chairs). Money's a bit steep as the business is just starting.

I guess a few months of nodding acquintance? He is a bit aloof and distant, but is very sociable when engaged in a conversation.

Verhaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellaine McCrae Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:01 am

Sounds great to me! Let me know if you have any other ideas
Ellaine McCrae
Ellaine McCrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum