Tazlure: the Yuletide Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So it begins...(Morningtide 30th of Yulember)

2 posters

Go down

So it begins...(Morningtide 30th of Yulember) Empty So it begins...(Morningtide 30th of Yulember)

Post by Camus Bennett Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:31 am

Camus was filled with excitement and trepidation as the ship neared the harbour. He had never been past the gates of the Citadel, yet here he was on the vast ocean heading towards a foreign land. The landscape of Shorewich coming more into view with every rock of the boat. This was the moment he had dreamed since he was a teen, even if the town appeared to be quite different than he had ever envisioned. I wonder what this town will hold for me. It looks so much smaller than the Citadel, smaller than even the docks from here. Can I even do this? I've never even spoke to anyone about Pan that wasn't already in the Temple. No! I've watched Vanir do this plenty and he believes I can do this. I can do this. The young panling took a deep breath. Pan, guide me.

He stepped off the boat after it docked in the harbour, noticing how few docks are even available. The meager belongings stuffed into his backpack, along with the supplies provided by the Temple to help his mission, plus the golden rose pendant around his neck. It was a gift from High Priest Vanir before he left, letting him know that Pan would be with him on his journey. The strange sights and sounds of the city filled his senses, emphasizing how far from home he had come in more ways than one. He looked for the closest dock worker that had not come off the ship with him and spoke in a clear, polite manner.

"Pardon, I just arrived and haven't a clue about your city's accommodations. Where might I find an inn?"

Camus Bennett

Back to top Go down

So it begins...(Morningtide 30th of Yulember) Empty Re: So it begins...(Morningtide 30th of Yulember)

Post by Maeve Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:47 pm

A gruff dock worker looked up at Camus, frowinign slightly. It was not often the genteel talked to him. "Eh? Why,  I would think in the obvioius place," the man sneered out of instinct, moving his insigna of the Nipponar conpany to hide under his cloak.

"the Old Troll, at Main Street is what you are looking for," he added reluctantly.
Maeve
Maeve
Admin

http://www.tazlure.nl

Back to top Go down

So it begins...(Morningtide 30th of Yulember) Empty Re: So it begins...(Morningtide 30th of Yulember)

Post by Camus Bennett Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:35 am

Camus smiled sweetly at the snide remark of the dock worker. It was not the first time he addressed with scorn or mockery. Yahren of serving of Pan in the Citadel had given him a thick skin to other's comments and High Priest Vanir had taught to counter their negative remarks with kindness. It is with the welcome heart of Pan that we combat cruelty of other's actions. It is through our actions that we are judged, so we must always show the love of Pan to all even those that do not appreciate it. A single smile or kind gesture might be all it takes to change their heart and open their eyes.

The young acolyte looked towards the directions given to him with eager eyes. "Thank you, good sir. May Pan bless your day for the assistance." He then headed off for the Old Troll down Main Street, taking in all the sights the town had to offer. He studied the streets with a keen eye, hoping to learn his way around town quickly and find any spots that might be of particular interest to his mission. Finally arriving before the doors at local inn, The Old Troll. What a curious name...

Camus walked inside, excited about what the lodging might provide for him. He surveyed the room quick and subtle as he been taught, taking detailed notes of any people around. Then making his way to any person that seemed to be working here and finding out how to check in, especially if any comforts were available. The Temple of Pan might have drawn him a great deal of scorn from some in the Citadel, but it also provided a great of luxury as well. A fair trade in his book and one he did not like doing without.

Camus Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:32 pm

There was a barely repressed snort at the mention of Pan. The horned God was not in good standing wit most of the Seven Kingdoms commumity, an unfairness for the faithfull but there it was.

"You are wlecom gov'nr" the dockworker sneered and moved away.

Camus found himself here when he finally reached the inn.

OOC: Please move to the thread everybody else is in Wink
Maeve
Maeve
Admin

http://www.tazlure.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down