Tazlure: the Yuletide Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

By the pale moonlight 2 [Eveningtide to Gravetide 30th to 31st Yulember]

3 posters

Go down

By the pale moonlight 2 [Eveningtide to Gravetide 30th to 31st Yulember] Empty By the pale moonlight 2 [Eveningtide to Gravetide 30th to 31st Yulember]

Post by Hex da`Bergliin Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:50 pm

OOC: Separated this out so Hex and Lokisk can keep moving forward. If events supersede or contradict our interpretation we can delete the thread. Taking lead from this And what is this rumour about Orcs being sighted in the South, which is known as the Great Frozen Beyond for its inhospitable nature during winter? Is all as it should be in quiet Shorewich?

With a look to Lokisk, Hex had turned south and walked off. There has defiantly been a drop in the temperature as the wind made little squalls in the snow. As the two moved south the drums became clearer and louder. The moos was clear and large and lit the snow in its pale light.

After a few hours of walking Hex called a stop and took out a strip of her jerked meat, offering a strip to Lokisk. Crouching she looked south.

"I am not sure if that is a faint glow ahead of us or just tricks in the moonlight. I feel that we are close. Before we go in I want to make sure we have a plan. What were you thinking? It should be near gravetide now so what ever is going on, it should be smack dab in the middle. They will not be expecting anyone to be crazy enough to come this way but we should still be cautious. last thing we want is to be surprised."

This close to the drums there was defiantly a wrongness to them. She could not tell if it something magical to the drums or they were just a harbinger of something bad, but they were defiantly not good.
Hex da`Bergliin
Hex da`Bergliin

Back to top Go down

By the pale moonlight 2 [Eveningtide to Gravetide 30th to 31st Yulember] Empty Re: By the pale moonlight 2 [Eveningtide to Gravetide 30th to 31st Yulember]

Post by Lokisk Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:07 am

Lokisk looked off towards the distance glow as he chewed on a mouthful of the tough meat, nodding. Yes, they needed a plan. Gulping down the food he turned back to Hex.

"I can cut a way across the rocks, as they'll be less likely to notice an approach from that angle. That said, the moon may well not be our friend, for even as it illuminates our surroundings it might well make us discernible."

Lokisk took another bite to eat as he considered his own observation, then swallowed.

"The alternative is that I walk in without any attempts at stealth, walk down the path with my cloak red side out, head straight towards them. Draw their attention. How do you feel about crawling over the rocks?"

Before he'd even finished his words his mind had gone somewhere else, taking in Hexes red hair.

"Although maybe you'd prefer to be the distraction..." He smiled, and raised his hands. "I don't know. Were I here alone I'd be sneaking up on them from whatever angle I could manage. With there being two of us we have... options. I don't really know the breadth of your experience. What do you think?"
Lokisk
Lokisk

Back to top Go down

By the pale moonlight 2 [Eveningtide to Gravetide 30th to 31st Yulember] Empty Re: By the pale moonlight 2 [Eveningtide to Gravetide 30th to 31st Yulember]

Post by Maeve Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:34 am

In the distance the drums had taken up again, providing a steady beat. Yes, there was something out there.
Maeve
Maeve
Admin

http://www.tazlure.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokisk Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Onwards Lokisk and Hex strode, emboldened by the regular rhythm, now so much louder. Lokisk scanned the wilderness ahead, and then turned to Hex, to see if she picked anything. It had been a long time since they'd seen another soul (aside from the few animals he'd managed to snare for provisions), but as he so often wandered the wilderness alone the extra person was the main novelty.
Lokisk
Lokisk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down